The Council on State Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the Auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan announces essay competition on the nomination of “SƏLİS Journalist”.
The Council on State Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the Auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (hereinafter referred to as “Council”) calls journalists and researchers functioning in Azerbaijan and abroad to participate in the competition. Articles submitted to the competition should cover the following topics:
- Economic, social and personnel reforms in the country.
- Effective organization of public control and protection of national interests.
- New opportunities and perspectives for cooperation between NGOs and state institutions.
The winner of the first 3 places in each competition will be awarded the following amount:
1st place – 1200 (one thousand two hundred) AZN
2nd place – 800 (eight hundred) AZN
3rd place – 500 (five hundred) AZN
Terms of competition:
- The volume of articles must be 1 page (A3, Times New Roman (12), 9-11 thousand symbols:
- Articles must be published in print and online media and must be noted that it has been written for participating in “SƏLİS Journalist” competition;
- Articles must be original and published in media for the first time during competition;
- Articles must be published in Azerbaijani;
- Preference will be given to journalist researches and innovative ideas.
The articles of the contestants must be published in print or online media on November 5 - December 5, 2019.
The Expert Group will announce the winners of the competition on December 5-15, 2019.
The results of the competition will be announced after December 15, 2019.
2 copies of newspapers where the article submitted to the competition has been published must be sent to the Council's office at 1, Fikret Amirov Street, Baku and the electronic version of the article and the link to the site should be emailed to email@example.com.
For more information about the competition, please contact employees of the Council’s Secretariat Elmaddin Behbud and Elnur Baghirli.
Tel/fax: (012) 493 17 32/80 (ext 110/501).
Note: To address organizational and technical issues related to the competition, NGOs are invited to submit project proposals on November 12 - 20, 2019 in accordance with the Council’s grant competition requirements via the e-application website at e-qht.az.